So that we attract good volunteers and so that we are taken seriously, the Nightingale Collaboration must be seen to be ethical, legal, authoritative, thorough and tenacious — providers of misinformation must be clearly aware that we mean business. We must gain a reputation for effectiveness.
All personnel and volunteers will be required to abide by these few simple rules — they must:
- only take on assignments consistent with their skills and available time.
- work in the spirit of co-operation with staff and volunteers.
- abstain from any illegal activity.
- maintain confidentiality as requested.
- avoid conflicts of interest.
- be civil and courteous when challenging misleading claims.
In return, the Nightingale Collaboration will acknowledge contributions made by volunteers, unless anonymity is requested.